Donnerstag, 1. September 2016

48 hours without money in a foreign country – Part 2


Wednesday morning

My first night in Copenhagen was rather short. The events of the day still lingered on in my mind. All the encounters, conversations and especially the kindness I had experienced took place again in front of my inner eye. So I had only three or four hours of sleep, regularly interrupted by the sleep-walking guy in the bed above me. He would climb down the ladder regularly, stand in the room like irritated, maybe switch on briefly the light and the return into his bed.

The following morning I take it slow, I feel the missing sleep. And I feel my feet. The previous day I had walked approximately 5 hours while searching for an overnight stay. Even if I had taken with me only very few things (like a sleeping bag, 2 small water bottles, a warm jacket an NO toothbrush :) I was glad that I had chosen instead of a bag a small trolley to carry them.

Thanks to Lucia I have a decent breakfast in the hostel and take the chance to provide even for the rest of the day. Now the only task left for today is to find an overnight accommodation.
I benefit by the free internet and computers in the hostel and make a request-post on my facebook-site.

There I also find a message from Alexandra from Copenhagen. She suggests to meet in the late afternoon in a park. Yet we don´t know each other personally, but both of us are members of an international meditation- and healing-group. When I knew I would go to Copenhagen we had agreed to have a conjointly meditation.
I am delighted. First because I have enjoyed very much the conversations we had had before and second I love to meditate with others.

Round 11 am I leave the house. Thanks to the kindness of the hostel´s reception stuff I don´t need to pay for a lockbox, but I can leave my suitcase in their office.

Outside it is splendid. The sun is laughing from a nordic blue-summer´s –sky. The sunshine warms my skin and the people in the streets all seem to be cheerful.


My feet seem to have regained to good form, they don´t hurt at all. Two days before I had sprained of my toes. Now it is still swollen and decorated with a beautiful bruise. Thanks to Dr. Dieter Sielmanns Medi-Tapes* the pain is gone.

I slowly walk to Nyhavn and enjoy the setting of the bright-colored, beautiful old houses and in front of them the huge rods of the sailing boats, bobbing up and down in the water. Further down I reach the water front and enjoy the view and the fantastic architecture of the national theatre and the opera.

Yesterday, when I arrived I had been immediately taken by Kopenhagen. Now I I feel how I fall in love even more with this wonderful city: The soft breeze from the sea, the friendliness and patience of the people I get in contact with. The whole atmosphere seems to sparkle and energize everyone and everything.

Alexandra calls me, giving me the address of the park where we are going to meet and asks if I want to sleep at her house tonight. Of course I want!!
I am very grateful for her invitation. It gives me time to restore myself. I still feel tired and in need of rest, at least to digest my new experiences and give space to the happiness and lightness they create.  

I declare this day a chill-and-rest-day: On a huge terrace by the sea there are free deck chairs. I sit down and doze in the sun. Is it really to believe? Today I absolutely have nothing to do, it is taken care of me. - I have lunch in the sun and enjoy my life.



If you like my story, feel free to share it! 
For more photos please take a look at my Facebook-sites.



                              To be continued.













*Dr. Dieter Sielmann, D- Bad Oldesloe
www.schmerzundtape.de





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen